Oncology Pharmacy Clinical Specialist - Boston, MA
Soliant is seeking an Oncology expert in Boston. Join one of the most respected providers in Boston and enjoy great benefits and growing team.
EXPERIENCE: Must meet one of the following:
- PharmD + PGY2 training or Board Certification in Oncology Pharmacy or
- With post-graduate training (PharmD or general residency),
- Must have at least 3 years of pertinent work experience Hematology Oncology or
- With Bachelor's Degree as highest level of education:
- Must have at least five years of work experience in Hematology Oncology
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
Compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws, regulations and rules; compliance with all accreditation standards and knowledge of and adherence to all policies and procedures of the organization and department. Includes but is not limited to
- Recording prescriptions, required recording activities, entering data into State or Commonwealth systems, dispenses medications, medical and surgical products as prescribed, provides counseling as required, obtain required continue education credits etc.)
- Supervises pharmacy staff including customer service representatives and pharmacy technicians
- Checking all medication prior to dispensing and deliveries.
- Provides training, orientation, re-assigns staff as needed for optimal operations
- It is the individual pharmacist's legal and professional responsibility to know and obey the laws and to maintain professional standards
Responsible for the creation and maintenance of a healthy work environment. A healthy work environment is one where people feel supported, held accountable, where standards are applied and expectations are clear. A healthy work environment is one where leadership supports and leads, models behavioral standards and sets the example for how to do all things right. Critical responsibilities related to this:
- Being engaged in the department, including managing up, owning team decisions and communicating and supporting departmental and or organizational initiatives
- Hold self and others to the highest ethical standards, and act with honor above all
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of all medications dispensed from specialty pharmacy
- Performs clinical checks on prescriptions for correct dosage, indication, drug interactions, end-organ function, etc.
- Assist with order verification for MONC pharmacy based on volume and staffing needs
- Drug education and counseling to patients as outlined in department policies and procedures
- Ensure off-label specialty medications prescribing has appropriate literature to support its utilization
- Documents all counseling sessions in patient chart and ensures sessions are billed for appropriately
- Contact HMOs and third-party insurance companies with respect to reimbursement eligibility, prior authorization, denials. Also complete any forms/paperwork for this process.
- Perform order entry of prescriptions into the pharmacy management systems (QS1and POS, etc.) and make sure claims are appropriately adjudicated.
- Participate and process prescriptions following individual FDA mandated REMS (ex. REVASSIST, ESA APPRISE)
- Help submit BCBS quarterly reports.
- Help patients obtain co-pay assistance for high co-pays through pharmaceutical sponsored co-pay assistance programs for commercial payers or through chronic disease funds for government subsidized payers
- Supervise pharmacy staff including customer service representatives, students, pharmacy technicians, and PGY1/PGY2 residents
For more details contact:
Recent Pharmacy Jobs
Surgical Hospital Pharmacist with NH License - Travel ContractNewport, NH
Full Time Contract Work - NH Pharmacist - 2 Yrs Hospital ExperienceClaremont, NH
3-Month Contract Position for NH License Hospital Pharmacist with 2 Yrs of ExperienceConcord, NH
Travel Pharmacist Needed 80 mi Northwest of Nashua NHNashua, NH
PA PRN Pharmacist - Lancaster, PAWilliamsburg, PA
Registry Pharmacist, Oakland CaliforniaOakland, CA
Night Shift Hospital Pharmacist Job SE Houston TXTexas City, TX
NYC / Queens VACCINE CENTER PharmacistNew York, NY
Hospital Pharmacist Bay Area (CA)oakland, CA