Pharmacist - Santa Monica CA
Job Location: Santa Monica, CA
Category: Pharmacy - Staff Pharmacist
Type: Contract To Hire
Posting Company: Soliant Health
Last Updated: Posted 27 days ago
Soliant Health is seeking a pharmacist for a top rated hospital in southern California!
Experience: Recent inpatient clinical pharmacy experience and residency is a plus.
Start: ASAP - Contract to hire
- Reads, interprets and verifies physician orders. Assesses medication orders initially and on an ongoing basis for appropriateness.
- Prepares and distributes drugs to patients and ensures optimal formulary compliance.
- Accurately compounds and dispenses extemporaneous preparations and controlled substances.
- Appropriately prepares parenteral products using aseptic technique.
- Implements appropriate age-related therapy, pharmacokinetics dosing, and performs and documents drug therapy interventions.
- Collaborates with other team members in providing correct drug and dosage form of delivery for age group and collaborates with nursing to evaluate the effectiveness of therapy considering the age of patient. Participates as an active member of the Code Blue Team.
- Performs the day to day responsibilities of drug distribution, drug order entry, processing and verification.
- Serves as an effective participant on clinical rounds and participates in meetings and programs, as needed/assigned, to promote patient care and provide understanding and optimal drug therapy.
Offering: Weekly pay, top medical and dental benefits, paid time off and more.