Antithrombotic Hospital Inpatient Staff Pharmacist
RPh on the Go is searching for an Antithrombotic experienced Inpatient Hospital Pharmacist.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for monitoring pharmaceutical care to the company's patients requiring anticoagulation:
- review and manage all incoming non-critical and critical INR results according to established company protocols
- determine the necessary anticoagulation medication dose adjustments and appropriate schedule for laboratory follow-up testing
• provide anticoagulation bridge therapy dosing plans per company protocols
- communicate directly with managing/referring physicians and their staffs to provide concise, applicable, comprehensive and timely responses to questions related to refill requests, lab results, and other relevant patient care management questions
- appropriately document all clinical interventions as well as all clinical recommendations
Medication Therapy Management and Chronic Disease State Management Clinic:
- regularly perform comprehensive medication reviews and promote and educate providers on medication reconciliation
- assist physicians with initiation, titration, dose adjustment and discontinuation of medications
- monitor and recommend appropriate labs for chronic disease state management per company protocols
- educate patients with chronic diseases on the importance of adherence with their medications, facilitate and monitor their compliance with pharmacological treatments
- Review and update scientific data on medications to assist in the process of formulary update
- participate in the process of obtaining medications via patient assistance programs sponsored by pharmaceutical companies
- participate in educational activities for physicians, nurses and pharmacists and contribute to relevant company staff development projects
- serve as the contact person responsible for arranging pharmaceutical company sponsored programs at company facilities
- serve as a consultant on medication management for physicians, nurses and pharmacy staff
- participate in the development, implementation, review and revision of relevant company protocols and other quality initiative projects
- complete assigned duties accurately and with a high level of attention to detail; adapt quickly to changes in workload and schedule; handle interruptions and stress appropriately; exercise sound professional judgment ,
- shall be a permanent member of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and the Medical Standards Committee
- develop and implement protocols for monitoring and distributing pharmaceutical samples in-house to ensure full compliance with applicable laws, recalls, and expiration dates.
- Doctorate of Pharmacy degree from ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy
- ASHP accredited PGYl residency
- A PGY2 residency or 2-3 years equivalent experience in Ambulatory Care
- Licensed or eligible for Illinois licensure as professional pharmacist
- Board certification is recommended
- Experience managing patients in Antithrombotic Clinic
- Experience managing medication regimens for patients with complex, chronic diseases
• Active membership in local, state, or national pharmacy organizations preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish or Polish preferred
- Hospital Inpatient experience is a must; 2 years minimum.
- Must have IV experience.
- MUST be able to commit to the Full length of assignment with a possibility of an extension.
- MUST have a clean and valid State Pharmacist license.
- MUST be able to start immediately, upon completion of compliance requirements
- Active and clean pharmacist license
- 1-2 or more years of recent inpatient hospital pharmacy experience
For confidential inquiries, email your resume to:
Linda Haubach at email@example.com or call 847- 588-7486.
All resumes and inquiries will be kept strictly confidential. View our website at www.rphonthego.com to learn more about our company.
Recent Pharmacy Jobs
- Sacramento, CA
- San Jose, CA
- York, PA
- Kentwood, MI
- Kentwood, MI
- Grand Rapids , MI
- Kentwood , MI
- Lancaster , PA
- Lancaster, PA